Policy and Planning
The mandate of this division is to coordinate health policy and plan formulation, review and priority settings:
- Coordinating the development and review of health policies.
- Coordinating the development and review of health plans (short term, medium term, and perspective).
- Preparation of capital budgets in collaboration with the DFA.
- Coordinate the implementation of the second NSHDP.
- Provision of technical assistance to states on adaptation of plans.
- Collation of reports of the departments, programs, parastatals and agencies of the ministry on the achievements and handing over notes.
- Serving as a secretariat to the Top Management Committee (TMC).
- Serving as a secretariat to the National Council on Health (NCH).
- Processing memos from the health sector to the Federal Executive Council (FEC).
- Institutionalization of the collaboration between the DHPRS and DFA in the coordination and preparation of plans and capital budgets.
- Coordination of all health actors in the discussing issues relating to implementation of the NHAct.
DIRECTOR OF DHPRS
DR. NGOZI. R. C. AZODOH
MBBS (Nig.), MPH, PGD(PAD), MPA, MSc (Health Systems Mgt)
Director, Health Planning, Research & Statistics
Dr. Ngozi R.C. Azodoh is a Public Health Physician, a consummate administrator, an accomplished manager, and an experienced coordinator of complex health projects. She currently serves as Director/ Head of the Department of Health Planning, Research, and Statistics of the FMoH.