Health System Strengthening
The mandate of this division is to Plan for human resource for health development:
- Formulation of policies, guidelines and strategies for ensuring adequate quantity, quality, mix and renumeration of human resources for health and enhancing their welfare, retention and productivity in collaboration with the policy and planning division.
- Coordination of the National Collaborating Centres’ program for education and training of health workers for health system strengthening.
- Formation, analysis and revision of policies, guidelines, protocols and strategies for sustainable healthcare financing in Nigeria
- Institutionalization of the National Health Account (NHA) study and public expenditure tracking/reviews (PET or PERs) in line with current international best practices
- Provide technical expertise to states for state health account study
- Develop the Nigeria UHC investment case and economic impact analysis report
- Coordinate the national UHC community of practice and the joint learning network
- Provision of internships, continuing medical and professional education (CM&PE) on HCF&E/UHC
- Development of national UHC strategy with equity consideration
DIRECTOR OF DHPRS
DR. NGOZI. R. C. AZODOH
MBBS (Nig.), MPH, PGD(PAD), MPA, MSc (Health Systems Mgt)
Director, Health Planning, Research & Statistics
Dr. Ngozi R.C. Azodoh is a Public Health Physician, a consummate administrator, an accomplished manager, and an experienced coordinator of complex health projects. She currently serves as Director/ Head of the Department of Health Planning, Research, and Statistics of the FMoH.